Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tinea Versicolor (Malassezia furfur) - Effective Treatment with Nizoral Shampoo?

Does anyone here have a positive experience using Nizoral Shampoo to treat their tinea versicolor? Could you kindly share your experiences? I need all the encouragement I can get. Thanks!





Background:


I'm currently having tinea versicolor spots all over my back, stomach, arms and etc. They aren't red or itchy, just looks rather unsightly. A bit ashamed getting undressed and such. Just started lathering a droplet of Nizoral shampoo and lathering all over after a full body scrub, leaving it on for 10 minutes before rinsing and buffing down with a towel. Currently using Nizoral also to treat my dandruff problem.





Related question with Nizoral Shampoo:


a) Is it possible to leave it on without rinsing?


b) How long should I continue this for?


c) And how do I prevent recurrences.





Info:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malassezia


http://askwaltstollmd.com/archives/tinea鈥?/a>Tinea Versicolor (Malassezia furfur) - Effective Treatment with Nizoral Shampoo?
i know exactly what you mean, they dont itch, but look strange when wet or humid. just unsightly, i didnt even notice it, my boyfriend did. my doc gave me clotrimazole cream and it worked. i read on the internet that selsun blue shampoo might work. they went away within a week but sometimes they say the yeast will die but the discoloration may last up to 6 months. sorry dont know much about nizoral but the cream my doc gave me cleared it right up.Tinea Versicolor (Malassezia furfur) - Effective Treatment with Nizoral Shampoo?
i know this -Freederm Tar the product is purified coal tar for external use in dermatology. Brakes proliferation epidermis cells, has constrictive action, astringent and anti fungal effects. Remove with a surface layer of skin cells ex foliated epidermis and helps remove excess fat from the skin of the head Hair Loss,more about this you can read on site.

1 comment:

  1. Tinea versicolor is not painful or contagious, but rather can cause passionate misery or hesitance. There are numerous over-the-counter and endorsed antifungal medicines. You can also try some simple, Tinea Versicolor Natural Treatment.

    ReplyDelete